The birth of feminism : woman as intellect in Renaissance Italy and England / Sarah Gwyneth Ross.
"In this work, surveying 300 years and two nations, Sarah Gwyneth Ross demonstrates how the expanding ranks of learned women in the Renaissance era presented the first significant challenge to the traditional definition of "woman" in the West."--Jacket.
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
- Her father's daughter
- Household academies in Venice and London
- The biographical tradition
- Models of feminist argument
- Learned wives and mothers in italy
- Collaborative marriages in Britain
- Discourses of equality and rights