Reconstruction : a concise history / Allen C. Guelzo.
"This concise history delves into the constitutional, political, and social issues behind Reconstruction to provide a lucid and original account of a historical moment that left an indelible mark on American social fabric. [The author] depicts Reconstruction as a "bourgeois revolution"...
New York, NY, United States of America :
Oxford University Press,
- Vengeance : April-December 1865
- Alienation : December 1865-March 1867
- Arrogance : March 1867-May 1868
- Resistance : May 1868-March 1869
- Distraction : March 1869-May 1872
- Law : 1866-1876
- Dissension : September 1872-April 1877