Revolution and reaction : the diffusion of authoritarianism in Latin America / Kurt Weyland.
Why did so many Latin American leftists believe they could replicate the Cuban Revolution in their own countries, and why did so many rightists fear the spread of Communism? Cognitive-psychological insights about people's distorted inferences and skewed interest calculations explain why the lef...
Cambridge University Press,
- The difficulty of accounting for reverse waves
- A theory of reactionary waves
- Revolution and the reactionary backlash in Latin America
- Diffusion effects of the Cuban revolution
- Waves of radicalization and reaction
- The imposition of institutional authoritarianism
- Horizontal diffusion and vertical promotion in the autocratic wave
- Comparative perspectives and theoretical conclusions
- Reactionary waves across history.