Language and television series : a linguistic approach to TV dialogue / Monika Bednarek.
"A comprehensive analysis of contemporary US television series. Combining an interdisciplinary and multi-methodological approach, Monika Bednarek brings together linguistic analysis of the new Sydney Corpus of Television Dialogue with analysis of scriptwriting manuals, interviews with Hollywood...
Cambridge ; New York, NY :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge applied linguistics series.
- Television dialogue
- Linguistic approaches to telecinematic discourse
- Functions relating to the communication of the narrative
- Other functions of TV dialogue
- Corpora and corpus linguistic methods
- Other approaches
- Salient features of TV dialogue : a corpus linguistic approach
- Key words, variation, and further insights into TV dialogue
- Non-codified language in SydTV
- "Take that pencil and just go!" : TV series and scriptwriting pedagogy
- Consuming television dialogue : a case study of advanced learners in Germany.