Byzantine Jewry in the Mediterranean economy / Joshua Holo.
Using primary sources, Joshua Holo uncovers the day-to-day workings of the Byzantine-Jewish economy in the middle Byzantine period. Built on a web of exchange systems both exclusive to the Jewish community and integrated in society at large, this economy forces a revision of Jewish history in the re...
Cambridge University Press,
- Byzantine-Jewish economic history
- Byzantine Jews throughout the Mediterranean : fluidity and exchange
- The inner economy of the Jewish communities
- The integrated Jewish economy
- Byzantine-Jewish trade and the commercial revolution
- Conclusion : a new perspective on Byzantine economic history.