Expanding frontiers in South Asian and world history : essays in honour of John F. Richards / edited by Richard M. Eaton, Munis D. Faruqui, David Gilmartin, Sunil Kumar.
This book has brought together some of the foremost scholars of South Asian and global history, who were colleagues and associates of Professor John F. Richards, to discuss themes that marked his work as a historian in an academic career of almost forty years. It encapsulates discussions under the r...
|Other Authors:||, , , ,|
Cambridge University Press,
- Foreword / Gordon Johnson
- Introduction / David Gilmartin
- At Empire's End : The Nizam, Hyderabad and Eighteenth-Century India / Munis D. Faruqui
- The Ignored Elites : Turks, Mongols and a Persian Secretarial Class in the Early Delhi Sultanate / Sunil Kumar
- "Silk Road, Cotton Road or ... Indo-Chinese Trade in Pre-European Times" / Stephen F. Dale
- The Political Economy of Opium Smuggling in Early Nineteenth Century India : Leakage or Resistance? / Claude Markovits
- Opium and the Company : Maritime Trade and Imperial Finances on Java, 1684-1796 / George Bryan Souza
- The Mughals, the Sufi Shaikhs and the Formation of the Akbari Dispensation / Muzaffar Alam
- Notes on Political Thought in Medieval and Early Modern South India / Velcheru Narayana Rao and Sanjay Subrahmanyam
- Becoming Turk the Rajput Way : Conversion and Identity in an Indian Warrior Narrative / Cynthia Talbot
- Nature and Nurture on Imperial China's Frontiers / Peter C. Perdue
- The Frontiers of Memory : What the Marathas Remembered of Vijayanagara / Sumit Guha
- "Kiss My Foot," Said the King : Firearms, Diplomacy, and the Battle for Raichur, 1520 / Richard M. Eaton
- Frontiers of Family Life : Early Modern Atlantic and Indian Ocean Worlds / Patrick Manning
- Chinese Revenue Farms and Borders in Southeast Asia / Carl A. Trocki
- Publications: John Folsom Richards.