European integration and the Atlantic community in the 1980s / edited by Kiran Klaus Patel, Maastricht University, Kenneth Weisbrode, Bilkent University.
This unique collection of essays lays the groundwork for the study of the intersection of European integration and transatlantic relations in the 1980s. With archives for this period only recently being opened, scholars are beginning to analyse and understand what some have called a peak moment in t...
Cambridge University Press,
- Introduction: Old barriers, new openings / Kiran Klaus Patel and Kenneth Weisbrode
- The unnoticed apogee of Atlanticism? : US-Western European relations during the early Reagan era / N. Piers Ludlow
- More cohesive, still divergent : Western Europe, the United States, and the Madrid CSCE follow-up meeting / Angela Romano
- The deal of the century : the Reagan administration and the Soviet pipeline / Ksenia Demidova
- Poland's solidarity as a contested symbol of the Cold War : transatlantic debates after the Polish crisis / Robert Brier
- The European community and the paradoxes of American economic diplomacy : the revealing case of the IT and telecommunications sectors / Arthe van Laer
- The European community and international Reaganomics, 1981-5 / Duccio Basosi
- Did transatlantic drift help European integration? : The Euromissiles crisis, the strategic defense initiative, and the quest for political cooperation / Philipp Gassert
- A transatlantic security crisis? : Transnational relations between the West German and the US peace movements, 1977-85 / Holger Nehring
- Reviving the transatlantic community? : The successor generation concept in US foreign affairs / Giles Scott-Smith
- The re-launching of Europe in the mid-1980s / Antonio Varsori
- A shift in mood : the 1992 initiative and changing American perceptions of the European community, 1988-9 / Mark Gilbert
- France, the United States, and NATO : between Europeanization and re-Atlanticization, 1990-1 / Frederic Bozo
- Afterword / Kiran Klaus Patel and Kenneth Weisbrode.