Economic growth in Europe : a comparative industry perspective / Marcel P. Timmer [and others].
Why has European growth slowed down since the 1990s while American productivity growth has speeded up? This book provides a thorough and detailed analysis of the sources of growth from a comparative industry perspective. It argues that Europe's slow growth is the combined result of a severe pro...
Cambridge University Press,
- Introduction and overview
- Economic growth in Europe
- EU KLEMS database
- Structural change
- The industry origins of aggregate growth
- Productivity levels and convergence
- Drivers of productivity growth in Europe.