Party position change in American politics : coalition management / David Karol.
America's two party system is highly stable, but its parties' issue positions are not. Democrats and Republicans have changed sides on many subjects, including trade, civil rights, defense spending, and fiscal policy, and polarized on newer issues like abortion and gun control. Yet party p...
Cambridge University Press,
- Explaining party position change : theory and method
- Coalition maintenance : the politics of trade policy
- Coalition group incorporation : the politics of abortion and gun control
- The politics of race : coalition maintenance in the North, coalition group incorporation in the South
- Coalition expansion : the politics of national defense and fiscal policy