The European Parliament and Supranational Party System : a study in institutional development / Amie Kreppel.
This book examines the impact of increased legislative power and political authority on the internal development of the European Parliament and the supranational party group system. This is done through an analysis of changes in the hierarchical structures that regulate the internal organization of...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge studies in comparative politics.
- Introduction: the European Parliament and the institutional evolution of legislatures
- Theories of legislative development and the European Parliament
- The development of the party group system and the party groups
- The history of the European Parliament
- The internal development of the European Parliament: from collegiality to conflict
- The development of the supranational party group system: conflict and cooperation in the coalition formation process
- Cooperation and co-decision: the role of ideology and rules
- The internal development of the supranational party groups: an elusive goal
- Conclusions: understanding the developmental process.