The Martian surface : composition, mineralogy, and physical properties / Jim Bell, editor.
Phenomenal new observations from Earth-based telescopes and Mars-based orbiters, landers, and rovers have dramatically advanced our understanding of the past environments on Mars. These include the first global-scale infrared and reflectance spectroscopic maps of the surface, leading to the discover...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge planetary science series ;
new ser., 9. |
- Exploration of the Martian surface : 1992-2007 / L.A. Soderblom and J.B. Bell III
- Historical context : the pre-MGS view of Mars' surface composition / W.M. Calvin and J.F. Bell III
- Martian surface chemistry : APXS results from the Pathfinder landing site / C.N. Foley [and others]
- Mars Exploration Rovers : chemical composition by the APXS / J. Brückner [and others]
- Elemental abundances determined via the Mars Odyssey GRS / W.V. Boynton [and others]
- Volatiles on Mars : scientific results from the Mars Odyssey Neutron Spectrometer / W.C. Feldman [and others]
- Mineralogy of the Martian surface from Mars Express OMEGA observations / J.-P. Bibring and Y. Langevin
- Visible to near-IR multispectral orbital observations of Mars / J.F. Bell III [and others]
- Global mineralogy mapped from the Mars Global Surveyor Thermal Emission Spectrometer / P.R. Christensen [and others]
- The compositional diversity and physical properties mapped from the Mars Odyssey Thermal Emission Imaging System / P.R. Christensen [and others]
- Mars' crustal magnetization : a window into the past / M.H. Acuña, G. Kletetschka, and J.E.P. Connerney
- Multispectral imaging from Mars Pathfinder / W.H. Farrand [and others]
- Mars Exploration Rover Pancam multispectral imaging of rocks, soils, and dust at Gusev crater and Meridiani Planum / J.F. Bell III [and others]
- The mineralogy of Gusev crater and Meridiani Planum derived from the Miniature Thermal Emission Spectrometers on the Spirit and Opportunity rovers / S.W. Ruff [and others]
- Iron mineralogy and aqueous alteration on Mars from the MER Mössbauer spectrometers / R.V. Morris and G. Klingelhöfer
- Magnetic properties of Martian surface materials / W. Goetz [and others]
- Martian meteorites as crustal samples / H.Y. McSween Jr.
- The thermal inertia of the surface of Mars / M.T. Mellon, R.L. Fergason, and N.E. Putzig
- Physical properties of the Martian surface from spectrophotometric observations / J.R. Johnson [and others]
- In situ observations of the physical properties of the Martian surface / K.E. Herkenhoff [and others]
- Martian surface properties from joint analysis of orbital, Earth-based, and surface observations / M.P. Golombek [and others]
- Implications of observed primary lithologies / G.J. Taylor [and others]
- Aqueous alteration on Mars / D.W. Ming, R.V. Morris, and B.C. Clark
- The sedimentary rock cycle of Mars / S.M. McLennan and J.P. Grotzinger
- Martian polar processes / T.N. Titus [and others]
- Astrobiological implications of Mars' surface composition and properties / D.J. Des Marais, B.M. Jakosky, and B.M. Hynek
- The future of Mars exploration / J.F. Bell III.