Voice of justice : reclaiming the First Amendment rights of lawyers / Margaret Tarkington.
The First Amendment rights of lawyers are ethereal. Most lawyers fail to realize that courts may deny them access to the First Amendment's protective shield in many regulatory and disciplinary contexts. Overall, attorneys cannot and should not assume that they can obtain First Amendment protect...
Cambridge University Press,
- Do lawyers have First Amendment rights?
- Speech is all we have
- Self-regulation : myth and reality
- Attorneys as officers of the court and delegates of state power
- Core ideals of the First Amendment
- Cognate inseparable rights
- The access to justice theory
- Freedom to form an attorney-client relationship
- Safeguarding client counseling and confidences
- Invoking law and processes to protect client interests
- Safeguarding and impugning judicial integrity
- Securing criminal constitutional processes
- Uncompromised pretrial publicity
- Attorney civility, harassment, and discrimination.