The euro and the battle of ideas / Markus K. Brunnermeier, Harold James, and Jean-Pierre Landau.
"Why is Europe's great monetary endeavor, the Euro, in trouble? A string of economic difficulties in Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy, and other Eurozone nations has left observers wondering whether the currency union can survive. In this book, Markus Brunnermeier, Harold James, and Jean-Pier...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Princeton University Press,
- Power shifts
- Historical roots of German-French differences
- German-French differences in economic philosophies
- Rules, flexibility, credibility, and commitment
- Liability versus solidarity : no-bailout clause and fiscal union
- Solvency versus liquidity
- Austerity versus stimulus
- The role of the financial sector
- Financial crises : mechanisms and management
- Banking union, European safe bonds, and exit risk
- Anglo-American economics and global perspectives
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- Conclusion : black and white or twenty-eight shades of gray?