Manus : OM06.
This collection of 14 documents describes the Manus people during the period from 1870 to 1992, with a concentration on the 1920s. The Manus are residents of the Papua New Guinea province of Manus. The American anthropologist Margaret Mead (1901-1978) conducted fieldwork on the island from 1928-1929...
|Corporate Author:||Human Relations Area Files, inc.|
|Other Authors:||Carrier, Achsah H., Carrier, James G., Fortune, Reo, 1903-1979., Gustafsson, Berit., Mead, Margaret, 1901-1978., Otto, Ton., Romanucci-Ross, Lola., Schwartz, Theodore.|
New Haven, Conn. :
Human Relations Area Files,
EHRAF world cultures. Oceania.
- Structure and process in a Melanesian society, Ponam's progress in the twentieth century /
- Achsah H. Carrier and James G. Carrier
- Wage, trade, and exchange in Melanesia, a Manus society in the modern state /
- James G. Carrier and Achsah H. Carrier
- Cultural summary, Manus /
- James G. Carrier, Ian Skoggard, and John Beierle
- Manus religion: an ethnological study of the Manus natives of the Admiralty Islands /
- R.F. Fortune
- Houses and ancestors: continuities and discontinuities in leadership among the Manus /
- Berit Gustafsson
- An investigation of the thought of primitive children with special reference to animism ; Growing up in New Guinea, a comparative study of primitive education ; Kinship in the Admiralty Islands ; Melanesian middlemen ; New lives for old, cultural transformation Manus, 1928-1953 ; The Manus of the Admiralty Islands /
- Margaret Mead
- Local narratives of a great transformation, conversion to Christianity in Manus, Papua New Guinea ; The Paliau movement in Manus and the objectification of tradition /
- Ton Otto
- The hierarchy of resort in curative practices, the Admiralty Islands, Melanesia /
- Lola Romanucci Schwartz
- Systems of areal integration, some considerations based on the Admiralty Islands of northern Melanesia /
- Theodore Schwartz.