Orokaiva : OJ23.
Orokaiva refers to a number of culturally similar ethnic groups concentrated in the Popondetta district of Oro Province, Papua New Guinea. This collection of 31 documents (30 in English and 1 in French) is about the Orokaiva from the late nineteenth century to the 1980s. Williams provides a general...
|Other Authors:||, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|
New Haven, Conn. :
Human Relations Area Files,
|Series:||EHRAF world cultures. Oceania.
- Five new religious cults in British New Guinea / E.W.P. Chinnery and A.C. Haddon
- Modern Orokaiva feast ; Communal cash cropping among the Orokaiva ; Four Orokaiva cash croppers / R.G. Crocombe
- Land, work, and productivity at Inonda / R.G. Crocombe and G.R. Hogbin
- Changes in land use and settlement among the Yega ; Co-operatives at Yega ; Village and town in New Guinea / R.B. Dakeyne
- Orokaiva marriage / G.R. Hogbin
- Cognitive capacity among the Orokaiva / George E. Kearney
- Papuan Orokaiva vs Mt. Lamington / Felix M. Keesing
- Cultural summary, Orokaiva / Christopher S. Latham
- Land tenure conversion in the northern district of Papua / David Morawetz
- Feasting for oil palm ; Orokaiva production and change ; Orokaiva warfare and production ; Women and modern marriage among the Orokaivans / Janice Newton
- Twelve Orokaiva traders / W.J. Oostermeyer and Joanne Gray
- Social control amongst the Orokaiva / Marie Reay
- Land tenure and land use among the Mount Lamington Orokaiva / Max Rimoldi, assisted by Cromwell Burau and Robert Ferraris
- Cultural consequences of a volcanic eruption experienced by the Mount Lamington Orokaiva / Eric G. Schwimmer
- Exchange in the social structure of the Orokaiva ; Friendship and kinship, an attempt to relate two anthropological concepts ; Objects of meditation, myth and praxis ; Reciprocity and structure, a semiotic analysis of some Orokaiva exchange data ; The self and the product, concepts of work in comparative perspective / Erik Schwimmer
- Mythe du corps bouche / Eric Schwimmer
- Virgin birth ; What did the eruption mean? / Erik G. Schwimmer
- Organisation of production and distribution among the Orokaiva / E.W. Waddell and P.A. Krinks
- Orokaiva magic / F.E. Williams ; with a foreword by R.R. Marett
- Orokaiva society / F.E. Williams ; with an introduction by Sir Hubert Murray.