Teaching, affirming, and recognizing trans* and gender creative youth : a queer literacy framework / sj Miller, editor.
This book draws upon a queer literacy framework to map out examples for teaching literacy across pre-K-12 schooling. To date, there are no comprehensive Pre-K-12 texts for literacy teacher educators and theorists to use to show successful models of how practicing classroom teachers affirm differenti...
New York :
|Series:||Queer studies and education.
- Introduction : The role of recognition / sj Miller
- Why a queer literacy framework matters : models for sustaining (a)gender self-determination and justice in today's schooling practices / sj Miller
- Teaching our teachers : trans* and gender education in teacher preparation and professional development / Cathy A.R. Brant
- Kindergartners studying trans* issues through I am Jazz / Ashley Lauren Sullivan
- Beyond this or that : challenging the limits of binary language in elementary education through poetry, word art, and creative bookmaking / benjamin lee hicks
- The teacher as a text : un-centering normative gender identities in the secondary English language arts classroom / Kate E. Kedley
- The t* in lgbt* : disrupting gender normative school culture through young adult literature / Katherine Mason Cramer and Jill Adams
- Risks and resiliency : trans* students in the rural South / Stephanie Anne Shelton and Aryah O'Tiss S. Lester
- Introducing (a)gender into foreign/second language education / Paul Chamness Miller and Hidehiro Endo
- Exploring gender through Ash in the secondary English classroom / Paula Greathouse
- Transitional memoirs : reading using a queer cultural capital model / Summer Melody Pennell
- Trans* young adult literature for secondary English classrooms : authors speak out / Judith A. Hayn, Karina R. Clemmons, and Heather A. Olvey
- Puncturing the silence : teaching The Laramie Project in the secondary English classroom / Toby Emert
- Making space for unsanctioned texts : teachers and students collaborate to trans*form writing assignments / Michael Wenk
- Using queer pedagogy and theory to teach Shakespeare's Twelfth Night / Kathryn Cloonan
- The nonconclusion : trans*ing education into the future : this cannot wait / sj Miller
- Erratunm to: Teaching, affirming, and recognizing trans and gender creative youth
- Glossary of terms : defining a common queer language.