For both cross and flag : Catholic Action, anti-Catholicism, and national security politics in World War II San Francisco / William Issel.
Against a backdrop of war and anti-Catholic sentiment, one man loses his rights because he is falsely accused.
Temple University Press,
|Series:||Urban life, landscape, and policy.
- Sylvester Andriano, a Catholic attorney in San Francisco
- Anti-Catholicism in Little Italy
- Catholic Action, from Rome to San Francisco
- Catholic Action theory and practice in San Francisco
- Sylvester Andriano and Catholic Action in San Francisco
- The Catholic Action social apostolate
- The Catholic Action educational and moral apostolates
- Catholic Action and communism
- Catholic Action, European crises, and San Francisco politics
- Andriano's ordeal: the loyalty hearings
- Andriano's ordeal: exclusion and exile.