Localising Hollywood / Courtney Brannon Donoghue.
"Hollywood has a complex relationship with local markets around the world. This critical yet accessible overview of Hollywood's local presence investigates the dynamic between the studios' film entertainment divisions and individual media markets - exploring how their position, partne...
|Series:||International screen industries.
- Introduction : Hollywood's global footprint
- History of international operations (1900s-70s)
- Conglomerate Hollywood and international operations (1980s-2016)
- Local studio operations : country managers and the local-language production process
- International media hubs : studio production cultures and local infrastructure
- The motion picture association and its member studios : policy, piracy, and promotion
- Local blockbusters and media franchising : convergence and cross-media
- Conclusion : local spaces, global places.