The origin of the Jews : the quest for roots in a rootless age / Steven Weitzman.
"The Jews have one of the longest continuously recorded histories of any people in the world, but what do we actually know about their origins? While many think the answer to this question can be found in the Bible, others look to archaeology or genetics. Some skeptics have even sought to debun...
Princeton University Press,
- Genealogical bewilderment: lost ancestors and elusive languages
- Roots and rootlessness: paleolinguistics and the prehistory of the Jews
- Histories natural and unnatural: the documentary hypothesis and other developmental theories
- A thrice-told Tel: the archaeology of ethnogenesis
- Thought fossils: psychoanalytic approaches
- Hellenism and hybridity: did the Jews learn how to be Jewish from the Greeks?
- Disruptive innovation: the Jewish people as a modern invention
- Source codes: the genetic search for founders.