Inside dazzling mountains : Southwest native verbal arts / edited by David L. Kozak.
This book provides fresh new translations of Native oral literatures of the Southwest, a region of vital and varied cultures and languages. The collection features songs, stories, chants, and orations from the four major language groups of the Southwest: Yuman, Nadíne (Apachean), Uto-Aztecan, and Ki...
University of Nebraska Press,
|Series:||Native literatures of the Americas.
- Language isolates. Seri ; Zuni
- Yuman language family. Quechan ; Tipai
- Nadíne (Apachean) language family. Navajo ; Chiricahua Apache ; White Mountain Apache
- Uto-Aztecan language family. Chemehuevi ; Hopi ; Yaqui ; Tarahumara ; Pima-Maricopa ; Altar Valley Piman ; Tohono O'odham
- Kiowa-Tanoan language family. Kiowa ; Picuris Pueblo ; Arizona Tewa ; Ohkay Owingeh (formerly San Juan Pueblo)
- Southwest translation, myth, and history.