Europe's orphan : the future of the euro and the politics of debt / Martin Sandbu.
Originally conceived as part of a unifying vision for Europe, the euro is now viewed as a millstone around the neck of a continent crippled by vast debts, sluggish economies, and growing populist dissent. In Europe's Orphan, leading economic commentator Martin Sandbu presents a compelling defen...
Princeton University Press,
- 1. A gaint historic mistake?
- 2. Before the fall
- 3. Freece and the idolatry of debt
- 4. Ireland: the private is political
- 5. Europe digs deeper
- 6. Righting the course: from bail-out to bail-in
- 7. If Europe dared to write down debt
- 8. Eurpoe's real economic challenges
- 9. The politics that the euro needs
- 10. Great Britain or little England
- 11. Remembering what the euro is for.