Narrative theory unbound : queer and feminist interventions / edited by Robyn Warhol and Susan S. Lanser.
"Under the bold banner of Narrative Theory Unbound: Queer and Feminist Interventions, editors Robyn Warhol and Susan S. Lanser gather a diverse spectrum of queer and feminist challenges to the theory and interpretation of narrative. The first edited collection to bring feminist, queer, and narr...
The Ohio State University Press,
|Series:||Theory and interpretation of narrative series.
- Introduction / Robyn Warhol and Susan S. Lanser
- Part I: Narrative discourse unbound. Toward (a queerer and) more (feminist) narratology / Susan S. Lanser ; Out of the bind : from structure to system in popular narratives / Judith Roof ; Giving an account of themselves : metanarration and the structure of address in The office and The real housewives / Robyn Warhol ; Hypothetical focalization and queer grief / Peggy Phelan
- Part II: Intersectional narrative theories. Religion, intersectionality, and queer/feminist narrative theory : the Bildungsromane of Ahdaf Soueif, Leila Aboulela, and Randa Jarrar / Susan Stanford Friedman ; Intersectional narratology in the study of narrative empathy / Suzanne Keen ; Empathy and 1970s novels by Third World women / Sue J. Kim
- Part III: Lifewriting, gender, sex. Screenshots in the Longue durée : feminist narratology, digital humanities, and collective biographies of women / Alison Booth ; The space of graphic narrative : mapping bodies, feminism, and form / Hillary Chute ; The narrative case for queer biography / Wendy Moffat ; "No future" vs. "it gets better" : queer prospects for narrative temporality / Jesse Matz
- Part IV: Emplotment, or the shapes of stories. Maurice, or coming out straight / Paul Morrison ; Strange influence : queer etiology in The picture of Dorian Gray / Valerie Rohy ; Gendered narratives in animal studies / Susan Fraiman ; Sex-text-cortex / Kay Young
- Part V: Challenges : un/doing narrative theory. Towards a queer feminism; or, feminist theories and/as queer narrative studies / Abby Coykendall ; Queer/feminist/narrative : on the limits of reciprocal engagement / Martin Joseph Ponce ; Critically affirmative reconfigurations / Claudia Breger ; Narrative causes : inside and out / Ellen Peel ; The human problem / Shalyn Claggett
- Afterword / Irene Kacandes.