Wastelanding : legacies of uranium mining in Navajo country / Traci Brynne Voyles.
University of Minnesota Press,
Table of Contents:
- Preface: In search of treasure
- Introduction: Sacrificial land
- Empty except for Indians : early impressions of Navajo rangeland
- Prospecting for magic ore in America's new frontier
- Cowboys and Indians in Navajo country
- Hot spots: justice, power, and gender in the radioactive present
- Monsters and mountains: competing geographies of uranium
- The big hurt: boom and bust on contested ground
- Conclusion. Zombie mines: the future of uranium and Native sovereignty.