The Great War as I saw it / Frederick George Scott ; introduction by Mark G. McGowan.
A classic work, first published in 1922 and now back in print, presents a unique account of life at the front.
Montreal & Kingston [Quebec] :
McGill-Queen's University Press,
|Series:||Carleton library series ;
- Introduction / Mark G. McGowan
- Foreword / Llewellyn H. Gwynne
- How I got into the War : July to September 1914
- The Voyage to England : September 29 to October 18, 1914
- On Salisbury Plain : October 18, 1914, to January 1, 1915
- Off to France : January to March 1915
- Before the storm : March and April 1915
- The Second Battle of Ypres : April 22, 1915
- Festubert and Givenchy : May and June 1915
- A lull in operations : Ploegsteert : July to December 1915
- Our first Christmas in France
- Spring 1916
- The attack on Mount Sorrel : Summer 1916
- The Battle of the Somme : Autumn 1916
- Our home at Camblain l'Abbé : November and December 1916
- My search is rewarded.