Fertile disorder : spirit possession and its provocation of the modern / Kalpana Ram.
In her innovative new book, Kalpana Ram reflects on the way spirit possession unsettles some of the foundational assumptions of modernity. What is a human subject under the varied conditions commonly associated with possession? What kind of subjectivity must already be in place to allow such a trans...
University of Hawaiʻi Press,
- Visible and invisible bodies : rural women and state intellectuals
- Minor practices
- Possession and the bride : emotions, the elusive phantom of social theory
- The abject body of infertility
- Learning possession, becoming healer
- Performativity in the court of the goddess
- The nature of the complaint
- Possession and social theory
- Possession and emancipatory politics.