Innovation Economics : the Race for Global Advantage / Robert D. Atkinson and Stephen J. Ezell.
" ... delivers a critical wake-up call: a fierce global race for innovation advantage is under way, and while other nations are making support for technology and innovation a central tenet of their economic strategies and policies, America lacks a robust innovation policy. What does this porten...
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
- The race for global innovation advantage
- Explaining U.S. economic decline
- Learning from the wrong masters: lessons from UK industrial decline
- Why do so many refuse to see U.S. structural economic decline?
- What are innovation and innovation policy and why are they important?
- Crafting innovation policy to win the race
- Cheating as a way to win the race: innovation mercantilism as the strategy of choice
- Winning the race for innovation advantage with the eight "I's" of innovation policy
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself: why don't we have more innovation and more innovation policy?
- Can nations overcome the barriers to innovation?
- Creating a robust global innovation system.