Truth, reference, and realism / edited by Zsolt Novák and András Simonyi.
The volume presents the material of the first Oxford-Budapest Conference on Truth, Reference and Realism held at CEU in 2005. The problem addressed by the conference, famously formulated by Paul Benacerraf in a paper on Mathematical Truth, was how to understand truth in the semantics of discourses a...
Budapest, Hungary ; New York, N.Y. :
Central European University Press,
- Introduction / András Simonyi, Zsolt Novák
- The reality of mathematics and the case of set theory / Daniel Isaacson
- Conceptualism and knowledge of logic: a budget of problems / Nenad Miščević
- What is logic? / Ian Rumfitt
- Absolute identity and absolute generality / Timothy Williamson
- The refutation of expressivism / Ralph Wedgwood
- Benacerraf's problem, abstract objects and intellect / Howard Robinson.