Contesting citizenship : irregular migrants and new frontiers of the political / Anne McNevin.
Irregular migrants complicate the boundaries of citizenship and stretch the parameters of political belonging. Comprised of refugees, asylum seekers, ""illegal"" labor migrants, and stateless persons, this group of migrants occupies new sovereign spaces that generate new subjecti...
New York :
Columbia University Press,
- Irregular migrants and new frontiers of the political
- The globalizing state : remaking sovereignty and citizenship
- Policing Australia's borders : new terrains of sovereign practice
- Acts of contestation : the sans-papiers of France
- From city to citizen : modes of belonging in the United States
- Conclusion : contentious spaces of political belonging.