Closed minds? : politics and ideology in American universities / Bruce L.R. Smith, Jeremy D. Mayer, A. Lee Fritschler.
"From interviews, focus groups, and a national survey, paints a comprehensive picture of today's campus political attitudes. Contrasts the current climate of disengagement with the original civic mission of American colleges and universities, and suggests how universities can reclaim and s...
Washington, D.C. :
Brookings Institution Press,
- Higher education and the "culture wars"
- Emergence of the U.S. research university
- Transformations of academic culture after World War II
- Political attitudes of American professors: results of a 2007 national survey
- The politics of politics in the classroom
- Conservative activism in higher education: the Pennsylvania hearings on academic freedom
- Much ado about little: student perspectives on classroom bias
- Do universities discriminate in hiring?