Fish sticks, sports bras, and aluminum cans : the politics of everyday technologies / Paul R. Josephson.
Johns Hopkins University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : technostories
- The ocean's hotdog : the fish stick
- The sports bra : gender and technology
- Sugar, bananas and aluminum cans : technology, colonialism and post colonialism
- Mass produced nutrition : industrial potatoes and industrial sweeteners
- Technology and (natural) disasters you cannot fool (mother) nature
- Big artifacts : technological symbolism and state power
- Conclusion : what have we learned from this? books, bicycles, and other things that go bump in the light.