Radical intellectuals and the subversion of progressive politics : the betrayal of politics / edited by Gregory Smulewicz-Zucker and Michael J. Thompson.
New York, NY :
|Series:||Political philosophy and public purpose.
Table of Contents:
- The postmodern face of American exceptionalism / Shadia Drury
- Postmodernism and the corruption of the critical intelligentsia / John Sanbonmatsu
- Inventing the "political" : Arendt, anti-politics and the deliberative turn in contemporary political theory / Michael J. Thompson
- Slavoj Zizek's Linksfaschismus / Alan Johnson
- Illusory alternatives : neo-anarchism's disengaged and reactionary leftism / Gregory Smulewicz-Zucker
- Skimming the surface : Stanley Fish and the politics of self-promotion / Russell Jacoby
- Being post-modern while late modernity burned : on the apolitical nature of contemporary self-defined "radical" political theory / Joseph M. Schwartz
- Habermas, critical theory and political economy / Tom Rockmore
- The spectacle looks back into you : the situationists and the aporias of the left / John Clark
- The power and the void : radical democracy, postmarxism and the Machiavellian moment / Warren Breckman
- In defense of universalism / Alison Assiter.