Education and the crisis of public values : challenging the assault on teachers, students, and public education / Henry A. Giroux.
New York, NY :
|Series:||Counterpoints (New York, N.Y.) ;
v. 493. |
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : reversing the authoritarian assualt on public education / Hunry A. Giroux
- In defense of public school teachers in a time of crisis
- When generosity hurts : Bill Gates, public school teachers and the politics of humiliation
- Teachers without jobs and education with hope : beyond bailouts and the fetish of the measurement trap
- Chartering disaster : why Duncan's corporate-baed schools can't deliver an education that matters
- Dumbing down teachers : attacking colleges of education in the name of reform
- Business culture and the death of public education : Mayor Bloomberg, David Steiner, and the politics of corporate "leadership"
- Public intellectuals, the politics of clarity, and the crisis of laanguage
- Paulo Freire and the pedagogy of bearing witness.