Youth in revolt : reclaiming a democratic future / Henry A. Giroux.
Recently, American youths have demonstrated en masse about a variety of issues ranging from economic injustice and massive inequality to drastic cuts in education and public services. Youth in Revolt chronicles the escalating backlash against dissent and peaceful protest while exposing a lack of gov...
|Series:||Critical interventions (Boulder, Colo.)
- Introduction : criminalizing dissent and punishing the Occupy Movement protestors
- 1. Counter-memory and the politics of loss after 9/11 : youth, violence, and the limits of the social
- 2. Disturbing pleasures : the depravity of aesthetics and the "kill team" photos
- 3. Norway is closer than you think : extremism and the crisis of American politics
- 4. Disposable knowledge and disposable bodies : book burning in Arizona
- 5. Trickle down cruelty and the politics of austerity
- 6. Got class warfare? : Occupy Wall Street's challenge to casino capitalism
- 7. Against American-style authoritarianism : The Occupy Movement and the promise of youth.