The lost wave : women and democracy in postwar Italy / Molly Tambor.
Oxford University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: women, the bulwark of democracy
- "An essential way of life": the political awakening of women militants
- Gender roles in Italy's elections and constitution
- Legge noce for working mothers: "madonna tempesta"
- The Merlin Law against the Case Chiuse: taking the state out of sex, putting the sex in citizenship
- Both the rights and the duties of citizenship: the Cocco Law for access to all public careers
- Conclusion: the legacy of the lost wave and constitutional rights feminism.