Romantic globalism : British literature and modern world order, 1750-1830 / Evan Gottlieb.
The Ohio State University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Going global: the Scottish enlightenment theorizes modernity
- The global Gothic: sympathy, cosmopolitanism, and tolerance in Radcliffe's romances
- Fighting words: British poetry and the Napoleonic wars
- The clash of civilizations and its discontents: Byron, Scott, and the east
- Modern sovereignty and global hospitality in Scott's European Waverley novels
- Conclusion. Romanticism, mediation, globalization.