Runaway slave settlements in Cuba resistance and repression / Gabino La Rosa Corzo ; translated by Mary Todd.
Chapel Hill :
University of North Carolina Press,
Table of Contents:
- The attack on El Portillo ; The captured runaways ; A settling of accounts ; Decades of economic development
- Active resistance in the eastern region, 1790-1820 ; Runaway slave settlements east of Santiago de Cuba ; Runaway slave settlements in the northern mountain ranges
- Eastern palenques in the period of slave plantation expansion ; Runaway slave settlements in the Mayarí Mountains ; Tightening of the eastern repressive system ; Consolidation of resistance and repression
- Expansion and decline ; Last large-scale attack on the eastern palenques ; Last of the runaways living in settlements
- Runaway slave settlements as a system of resistance ; Specific characteristics of the eastern settlements ; Forms of settlement ; Types of dwellings in runaway slave settlements ; Adaptability of the repressive system.