Dependent America? : how Canada and Mexico construct US power / Stephen Clarkson and Matto Mildenberger.
"Following the acclaimed Uncle Sam and Us and the influential Does North America Exist? Stephen Clarkson -- the preeminent analyst of North America's political economy -- and Matto Mildenberger turn continental scholarship on its head by showing how Canada and Mexico contribute to the Unit...
Toronto ; Buffalo : Washington, DC :
University of Toronto Press ; Woodrow Wilson Center Press,
- Introduction. Is America 'dependent'?
- pt. 1. Growing the United States' economy. Making the US economy stronger and more competitive
- Supporting US energy security
- Supplying workers for the US labour market
- pt. 2. Reinforcing the United States security. Extending the United States' military perimeter
- Building US homeland security against the terrorist threat
- Constraining and reconstructing US narcotics security
- pt. 3. Constructing and Constraining the United States' global power. Strengthening US international economic power
- Thwarting the United States in international criminal law
- Offsetting the US embargo of revolutionary Cuba
- Conclusion to the book : how the United States needs Canada and Mexico
- Epilogue to the Trilogy : the disunited states of North America.