Education and the crisis of public values : challenging the assault on teachers, students, & public education / Henry A. Giroux.
This book examines American society's shift away from democratic public values, the ensuing move toward a market-driven mode of education, and the last decade's growing social disinvestment in youth. The author discusses the number of ways that the ideal of public education as a democratic...
New York :
|Series:||Counterpoints (New York, N.Y.) ;
v. 400. |
- In defense of public school teachers in a time of crisis
- When generosity hurts : Bill Gates, public school teachers, and the politics of humiliation
- Teachers without jobs and education without hope : beyond bailouts and the fetish of the measurement trap
- Chartering disaster : why Duncan's corporate-based schools can't deliver an education that matters
- Dumbing down teachers : attacking colleges of education in the name of reform
- Business culture and the death of public education : Mayor Bloomberg, David Steiner, and the politics of corporate "leadership"
- Public intellectuals, the politics of clarity, and the crisis of language
- Paulo Freire and the pedagogy of bearing witness.