Publishing the fine and applied arts, 1500-2000 / edited by Robin Myers, Michael Harris and Giles Mandelbrote.
"Illustrated collection of eight essays examining the relationship between print and art from the sixteenth through the twentieth century. Explores the role of the book trade in the dissemination of artistic theory, fashion, and practice, and the influence of aesthetic trends on book design. Pa...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
London : New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press,
The British Library ;
- It's pretty, but is it art? / Mirjam Foot
- Metal-cut border ornaments in Parisian-printed books of hours as design sources for sixteenth-century English works of art / Malcolm Jones
- Publishing Palladio in England, 1650-1750 / Charles Hind
- The young-mans time well spent : learning to draw from a master / Meghan Doherty
- Building a library : evidence from Sir John Soane's archive / Susan Palmer
- Colour printing and design reform : Owen Jones and the birth of chromolithography / Abraham Thomas
- Art publishing and the leisure market, from the 1840s to the 1870s / Rowan Watson
- The art collector and the catalogue from the early 1620s to the early 2000s / Charles Sebag-Montefiore.