Shaping the body politic : art and political formation in early America / edited by Maurie D. McInnis and Louis P. Nelson.
University of Virginia Press,
|Series:||Thomas Jefferson Foundation distinguished lecture series.
Table of Contents:
- Patience Wright's transatlantic bodies /
- Wendy Bellion
- quiet years' clash over art, painters, and publics /
- David Steinberg
- American republic joins the British global landscape /
- John E. Crowley
- Revisiting Cincinnatus : Houdon's George Washington /
- Maurie D. McInnis
- Gilbert Stuart's presidential imaginary /
- Paul Staiti
- Mr. Jefferson as museum maker /
- Roger B. Stein
- Limner" : Harry Croswell, newspaper politics, and the portraitist as a public figure in the early republic /
- Susan Rather
- Ideologies of the ordinary and the urban domestic landscape /
- Bernard L. Herman.