Border war fighting over slavery before the Civil War / Stanley Harrold.
Chapel Hill :
University of North Carolina Press,
|Series:||Civil War America.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : perception of war
- Early clashes
- Fear and reaction in the border South
- Southern aggression in the lower North
- Interstate diplomacy
- Fighting against slavery in the lower North
- The struggle for the border South
- Fighting over the fugitive slave law
- Pressure on the border South increases
- From border war to Civil War.