What if all the kids are white? : anti-bias multicultural education with young children and families / Louise Derman-Sparks, Patricia G. Ramsey, with Julie Olsen Edwards ; foreword by Carol Brunson Day.
New York :
Teachers College Press,
|Series:||Early childhood education series (Teachers College Press)
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Why a book about White children?
- Ideals in practice
- PART I: IDENTITY AND RACISM: A short history of White racism in the United States
- How children construct White identities
- Fostering children's identities
- Exploring White identities with staff and families
- A tale of two centers: episode one
- PART II: MAKING CONNECTIONS AND BECOMING ACTIVISTS: A short history of White resistance to racism in the United States
- How children learn about racism and anti-racism
- Fostering children's caring and activism
- Cultivating caring and activism with staff and families
- A tale of two centers: episode two
- Appendix A: Children's books and curriculum resources
- Appendix B: Organizations and web sites
- Appendix C: Selected White anti-racism activists in the 20th and 21st centuries
- Appendix D: What do trees have to do with peace?