Are girls necessary? : lesbian writing and modern histories / Julie Abraham.
University of Minnesota Press,
|Edition:||1st University of Minnesota Press ed.|
Table of Contents:
- Preface. Are girls necessary?
- Introduction. I have a narrative
- Willa Cather's new world histories
- Mary Renault's Greek drama
- Washington, James, (Toklas), and Stein
- Djuna Barnes, memory, and forgetting
- Virginia Woolf and the sexual histories of literature
- Afterword. Reading and the experiences of everyday life.