Hellenistic history and culture edited and with an introduction by Peter Green.
University of California Press,
|Series:||Hellenistic culture and society ;
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : new approaches to the Hellenistic world / Peter Green
- The Macedonian imprint on the Hellenistic World / N.G.L. Hammond. Response / E.N. Borza
- The Hellenistic fringe : the case of Mero襠/ S.M. Burstein. Response / Frank Holt
- What is "Hellenistic" about Hellenistic art? / Martin Robertson. Response / J.J. Pollitt
- People in a landscape : Theokritos / Peter Levi. Response / David M. Halperin
- Hellenistic ethics and philosophical power / A.A. Long. Response / Paul Woodruff
- The Ptolemies and the ideology of kingship / A.E. Samuel. Response / Diana Delia
- "The base mechanic arts"? : some thoughts on the contribution of science (pure and applied) to the culture of the Hellenistic Age / K.D. White. Response / John Scarborough
- Hellenism and persecution : Antiochus IV and the Jews / Erich S. Gruen. Response / M. Gwyn Morgan.