The origin and diversification of language / editors, Nina G. Jablonski, Leslie C. Aiello ; with the editorial assistance of Nancy Gee.
San Francisco, Calif. :
California Academy of Sciences : Distributed by the University of California Press,
|Series:||Wattis Symposium series in anthropology
Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences (1988) ; no. 24.
Table of Contents:
- Animal communication and human language /
- Peter Marler
- The foundations of human language /
- Leslie C. Aiello
- Comparative aspects of human brain evolution : scaling, energy costs, and confounding variables /
- Robert D. Martin
- Organizations of semantic knowledge and the origin of words in the brain /
- Alex Martin
- Neanderthals, modern humans, and the archaeological evidence for language /
- Paul A. Mellars
- The evolution of the human language faculty /
- Steven Pinker
- The origin and dispersal of languages : linguistic evidence /
- Johanna Nichols
- The origins of world linguistic diversity : an archaeological perspective /
- Colin Renfrew.