Serving teens through readers' advisory / Heather Booth.
American Library Association,
|Series:||ALA readers' advisory series.
Table of Contents:
- A brief history of teens and reading in libraries
- Why teens need to read, why they want to read
- What is readers' advisory, and why is readers' advisory for teens different?
- Tips for the generalist : what to do if you have not read teen fiction since you were a teen
- Opening the readers' advisory interview
- Detecting interest
- Articulating appeal
- Readers' advisory for homework assignments
- Readers' advisory by proxy
- Beyond lists : using resources to move past award winners
- Creating resource lists for staff
- Indirect readers' advisory and marketing.