The adolescent years : social influences and educational challenges / edited by Kathryn Borman and Barbara Schneider.
NSSE : Distributed by the University of Chicago Press,
|Series:||Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education ;
97th, pt. 1 |
Table of Contents:
- Section one: setting the context. Stress and resilience in adolescence : an evolutionary perspective / Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and Jennifer Sschmidt
- Identity formation in adolescence / Dena Phillips Swanson, Margaret Beale Spencer, and Anne Petersen
- Growing up female / Ellen B. Kimmel with Tricia Rudolph
- Adolescent sons and daughters of immigrants : how schools can respond / Margarita Calderâon. Section two: institutional and social supports for youth. How secondary schools contribute to academic success / Fred M. Newmann
- Learning contexts beyond the classroom : extracurricular activities, community organizations, and peer groups / B. Bradford Brown and Wendy Theobald
- Social institutions serving adolescents / Chandra Muller and Michelle Frisco
- Working : perceptions and experiences of American teenagers / Charles Bidwell, Barbara Schneider, and Kathryn Borman
- Adolescent part-time work and educational achievement / Jeylan T. Mortimer and Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson
- Making the transition from high school : recent trends and policies / David Lee Stevenson, Julie Kochanek, and Barbara Schneider.