Linking teacher evaluation and student learning / Pamela D. Tucker & James H. Stronge.
Alexandria, Va. :
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development,
Table of Contents:
- The power of an effective teacher and why we should assess it
- How can we assess teacher quality?
- Assessing teacher quality with student work : the Oregon teacher work sample methodology
- Assessing teacher quality in a standards-based environment : the Thompson, Colorado school district
- Assessing teacher quality through goal-setting : the Alexandria, Virginia school district
- Assessing teacher quality based on student gains : value-added assessment system in Tennessee
- Final thoughts on assessing teacher quality : guidelines for policy and practice
- Appendixes. Qualities of effective teachers ; Testing and assessment methods ; Oregon work sample methodology ; Thompson (Colorado) School District standards, tools, and strategies ; Resources, definitions, and performance responsibilities ; Tennessee framework, rubrics, and forms for evaluation.