Comprehension process instruction : creating reading success in grades K-3 / Cathy Collins Block, Lori L. Rodgers, Rebecca B. Johnson.
New York, NY :
|Series:||Solving problems in the teaching of literacy.
Table of Contents:
- Daily comprehension instruction in a new era for our changing students
- Strand I of CPI in grades K-3 : instruction before the point of student need
- Strand 2 of CPI in grades K-3 : instruction at the point of student need
- Strand 3 of CPI in grades K-3 : instruction after students have experienced the point of need
- CPI lessons that increase literal comprehension of fiction
- CPI lessons that increase literal comprehension of nonfiction
- Teaching students to infer, predict, and interpret fiction and nonfiction
- Teaching imagery : looking up and away without moving too far from the text
- Teaching metacognition
- Assessment of comprehension.