Take back higher education : race, youth, and the crisis of democracy in the post-Civil Rights Era / Henry A. Giroux and Susan Searls Giroux.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : why taking back higher education matters
- pt. 1: Pedagogy and the promise of democracy in the university. The post-9/11 university and the project of democracy
- Academic culture, intellectual courage, and the crisis of politics in an era of permanent war
- Cultural studies and critical pedagogy in the academy
- pt. 2: Higher education and the politics of race. Race, rhetoric, and the contest over civic education
- The return of the ivory tower : black educational exclusion in the post-civil rights era
- pt. 3: Incorporating education and shredding the social contract. Youth, higher education, and the breaking of the social contract : toward the possibility of a democratic future
- Neoliberalism goes to college : higher education in the new economy.